20 June 2012

Art Marathon - Day 7

Bonus: a half-marathon walk from Downtown Milwaukee to the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center (SNAC) in celebration of the Summer Solstice.

Actually, the fact that I ended up walking a little over a half-marathon was serendipitous. I started out at 10 am with the goal to walk to the Nature Center, projected to be about 10 1/2 miles on foot by google maps. A couple of detours along the route––for iced coffee, and then later, a bagel sandwich––brought my total mileage in at about 14.

It was a beautiful day. At over 90 degrees, it was hot, but breezy respites. My trek along Lake Drive was most often shady and I owe a lot to my Camelbak.

Day 7. Art Marathon.
Excursion: Terrace Avenue was made within the first few miles of the journey. As usual, I'm attracted to the visual definition provided by interesting shadows and the existing lines of landscapes. Milwaukeeans may recognize these images as the Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum.








 
Reading on the beach with a view of the infinite shades where Lake Michigan met the sky at SNAC was a perfect reward for the day's hike. 



No comments:

Post a Comment